Export Procedures and DocumentsCOURSE CALENDAR
What Is Export Procedures and Documents Training?
This course helps you to understand and work through the procedures and paperwork involved with conducting international trade. Correct documentation is vital in international trade and directly impacts on your prospects of securing payment. Good customs compliance is also vital, and can save costs and increase profitability. This practical course provides an overview of the main documentation and procedures involved in a typical trade transaction and will demonstrate how these benefits can be achieved.
Who Should Attend
Suitable for those with little export experience who want to understand the basic terminology and activities involved in exporting. It is also a good refresher for those returning to export.
- The four key export contracts
- Commercial functions of documents
- Typical export documents
- What determines which documents are raised?
- Learn a formula to predict document requirements
- How and why documents are used
- Understanding the export cycle
- Understand how to check shipping documents for accuracy
- Learn how to complete a good export invoice
- Recognise the differences between pro-forma
- commercial and shipping invoices
- Overview of the four main payment methods
- Open account
- Cash in advance
- Documentary collections
- Documentary letters of credit
- How the documents fit into the payment methods
- Bills of lading
- Airway bills
- Understand the difference between negotiable and non-negotiable instruments
- When to insure and who insures?
- Understand the governing principles
- The certificate of insurance
- The functions of Customs and Excise
- Traders obligations and the law
- Customs controls
- Statistical collection (using SAD and Intrastat) and your responsibilities
- Collection of customs duties and taxes
- Customs procedures for EC and non-EC countries
- Examine opportunities for saving costs
- Using customs concessions to commercial advantage.
Available onsite or nationwide at any of over 50 centres, see below our open course availability. Alternatively, call 0844 335 8882.
The Export Procedures and Documents course will be accredited to the latest in recognised certificating award. All successful delegates will also receive an Xyz certificate of attendance. Enrolled subscribers of the National Training Card will also have any certificate, qualification and/or ID card (where applicable) automatically added to their member account.
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to the same day.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, simply complete the enquiry form below and we'll send you our quotation by return.
Make A Export Procedures and Documents General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and / or a quote by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Export Procedures and Documents courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page, refine your search above or call us on 0844 335 8882.